Teslameter FM 302 for AS-active-probes
The Teslameter FM 302 has a two-line LCD display. It displays measured values in 4½-digit.
Via the keypad other functions can be selected and the values will be displayed:
- DC or AC / RMS
- Absolute or relative measurements
- Minimum / Maximum values
- Setting of the measurement interval
- additional filtering
- Zeropoint compensation
The FM 302 can be used with all AS-active-probe in the ranges of µT, mT- and Tesla.
The device has three sensitivity ranges of x1, x10 and x100:
- has influence on the display as well as on the analog-output
- this results in three sensitivity ranges for each AS-active-probe
- sensitivity ranges depend on the sensitivity class of the used AS-active-probe
further details see page Empfindlichkeitsklassen (german language)
displayed unit can be switched
- A/m (ampere per meter)
- A/cm (ampere per centimeter)
More background can be found in this application note PE005 Magnetic units of measurement and their conversion.
Calibrated Analog Output
The Teslameter FM 302 comes with a calibrated analog output.
- analog voltage signal at BNC-connector
- with full accuracy and full bandwith of teslameter and AS-active-probe
The transfer factor of the analog output is determined by the sensitivity class of the active-probe in use and the selected amplification-factor of the Teslameters FM 302. More details can be found in Empfindlichkeitsklassen (german language) .
Via the USB interface the Teslameter FM 302 can be controlled and measurement data can be read.
- driver creates a virtual serial port
- control is done with ASCII-based commands
- can be used with own software
A complete documentation of the commands can be found in the operating manual (page 41 ff).
Included in delivery is a control software for the Teslameter FM 302.
The control software provides the following functionality:
- Access to all settings
- Displaying the current measured values
- Logging of measured values (continually or after pressing a key)
- Oscilloscope-like graphical displaying of the measured values
- Comparator-like display of adjustable tresholds
for AS-active-probes, Teslameter FM 302, AS-probe adapter, AS-Adapter 3